LEGACY GIFT TO SAVE-UK IN YOUR WILL: EMPOWER ‘THE POOREST OF THE POOR’ TO BUILD A BETTER FUTURE
SAVE-UK is working amongst the poor, particularly who are living below the poverty line, initially in India but ultimately in all the South Asian Countries included in the SAARC group. You can lift many families out of poverty and empower them to build a better future by giving a gift to SAVE-UK in your will.
TYPES OF GIFTS YOU CAN LEAVE FOR SAVE-UK IN YOUR WILL:
1. A SHARE OF YOUR ESTATE AS RESIDUARY LEGACY: Once you have decided what you would like to leave for your family and friends and after considering all other payments to be made, you can donate a part or the whole of the remaining share of the estate.
2. A SPECIFIC SUM OF MONEY (PECUNIARY LEGACY): You can specify lump sum money for SAVE-UK.
3. A SPECIFIC LEGACY ITEM: You can identify specific valued items for SAVE-UK in your will, such as jewellery, personal possessions, land, buildings, shares, an investment, etc.
SAVE-UK follows the NIDOS guidelines and the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice for the legacy gifts.
STEPS TO INCLUDE A GIFT TO SAVE-UK IN YOUR WILL:
1. CONTACT US BY PHONE OR EMAIL: We shall be happy to visit you and show you what SAVE-UK is currently doing in India and future plans.
2a. FOR NEW WILL: We shall be delighted to talk to you and discuss your wishes and help you to find professional and independent will writing support/solicitor.
2b. FOR EXISTING WILL: You can add a gift to SAVE-UK in your existing will by writing a codicil with your solicitor/will writer. Adding a codicil to your will means there is no need to change the terms of your current will. It simply adds a new instruction. Please inform us if you wish to do this.
3. Agree future communication between SAVE-UK and you and your family.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO INCLUDE WHEN LEAVING A GIFT?
Please include our name, our address and our registered charity number:
South Asia Voluntary Enterprise
9 Kirkvale Crescent
Registered charity in Scotland: SC022264
WHAT IS THE IMPACT ON INHERITANCE TAX?
Inheritance Tax is currently paid to the government at a rate of 40% if your estate is worth more than £325,000 (as per 2013). SAVE-UK is a registered charity and therefore most gifts left to SAVE-UK are exempt from Inheritance Tax. To find out more about Inheritance Tax, visit HMRC or contact your solicitor.
With your gift we shall be able to reach to more ‘the poorest of the poor’ people and empower them to build a better future.
SEND A MESSAGE